Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome to the world, Camryn Anne!

So...last week was a crazy insane week.  Monday morning on my way to take my daughter to school, I got a call from my mom which informed me that my sister was in the hospital and (FINALLY) in labor.  Poor girl...this call followed her having contractions for about 4 or 5 days - fairly regularly.  So, I dropped Libby off and then went to north OKC for the labor.  It was a strange day!  First off, I've never been on the waiting side of things, so everything seemed to take much longer than I remembered it.  Next, we were surprised by Mac needing a C-section, so we got to deal with that whirlwind.  The best part?  Camryn was born around 4 pm, Monday May 10.  Mackenzie was rolled back into her room about 30 minutes later and Camryn came in about 10 minutes after that.  Mackenzie had JUST held her for...oh about 30 seconds...when her nurse came in to inform us that we needed to evacuate to the back halls of the hospital because bad weather was coming and there was a chance of a tornado.  Nice.

So, we not only got to welcome a beautiful new girl into the world, but we got to spend the first few minutes of her life in a back hallway of a hospital waiting for a tornado to pass.  Welcome to Oklahoma, right?? :)

But, despite it all, we have a beautiful new baby girl in the family.  Enjoy!











My hubby, Josh, imitating Camyrn's expression.




It is sweet moments like this that make me fall more in love with him.







My beautiful kids.







The happy family.  Aren't they perfect??

á bientôt!


1 comment:

Rachel Blackwell said...

YEAH FOR A NEW BLOG AND BIG PICTURES!! Looks awesome Mir!!! Those engagements below are adorable! Awesome job! Love the one with the Umbrella!

About Me

My photo
I don't think that there is a much higher calling than being about to stay home with your children. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work out of my home, while being able to raise my children. I also love that I have found an outlet for my creative juices! I began taking art lessons in 2nd grade, but since having my three children have not had much time to draw and paint. Photography has become my creative outlet that I needed so badly. I take great joy and pride in doing my best to capture your special moments!