Monday, June 28, 2010

Carrie and Brian's Engagements

This was such a fun session!  I mean, who doesn't LOVE taking pictures on the University of Oklahoma's Campus??  And to be able to go inside the music building with all that amazing stained glass?  Yes, please!  Carrie and Brian met while they were playing for the OU band.  What a fun place to meet!  So, of course, we had to capture a few moments in the building where they have spent most of their college careers!  I learned a few things about the OU campus, too, that I hadn't known before.....always good. :)  Enjoy!












This ring picture has a story.  See...it was taken in the EXACT spot where Brian proposed...in a courtyard at the OU School of Music building.  So I told them...you two will always know that this ring picture is not JUST the engagement ring, but it's taken right where he proposed!  




And who doesn't need one in those awesome red phone booths?  I mean seriously??






This was my lesson for the day.  Apparently there is this big cement sitting area right in the middle of the oval at OU.  Brian and Carrie where shocked that I had never taken engagements here.  You see, the rumor on campus is that if you kiss someone in the "spoonholder,"  you will marry them.  And yes, it's actually called the Spoonholder.  There is even a plaque there with the name on it.  Promise.












No comments:

About Me

My photo
I don't think that there is a much higher calling than being about to stay home with your children. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work out of my home, while being able to raise my children. I also love that I have found an outlet for my creative juices! I began taking art lessons in 2nd grade, but since having my three children have not had much time to draw and paint. Photography has become my creative outlet that I needed so badly. I take great joy and pride in doing my best to capture your special moments!