Monday, April 19, 2010

Josh and Sunny

Josh and Sunny have a super awesome story.  Several years ago, Josh went overseas to teach in a small town in China.  While he was there, he met a beautiful girl names Sunny.  They hit it off well and after he came home, they continued to talk until they felt they were meant to be together forever.  From that moment on, Josh worked feverishly on the details of getting his bride-to-be into America.  The basics were that he had to not only save money to get Sunny here to America, but also had to pay (what would translate into) a dowry to the family - which is still a tradition in rural areas of the Chinese culture. How romantic is that??!

Because of the nature of the beast, Josh had to be ready to go get Sunny in a moments notice.  When the time came, Josh took the almost 20-hour trip to retrieve his beautiful bride.  Once he reached China, Josh and Sunny enjoyed a traditional Chinese wedding - which was absolutely beautiful.  After finishing the Chinese wedding, Josh and Sunny hopped on a plane back to America for their traditional American wedding.  It was so exciting to see Sunny experience all the new American traditions.  Sunny had no idea why we used some of our traditions at American weddings.  The funny thing was that most of us didn't know exactly why we used some of those same traditions!  But, none the less, no tradition was spared.  Sunny was able to experience all the amazing traditions of an American wedding.

The fun part for me?  Sunny wore not only a traditional American dress (don't drool girls, you can't buy this one here....it was made in China...hehe), but also changed into her Chinese wedding dress for the reception.  It was so neat to see these two cultures mixing.  I am very excited to see how their two very different cultures bring them closer together....












Here are a few of my favorite details of the day - including her amazing Chinese wedding dress.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice....Thought the girl applied green card for him..and the boy could get really good paid buying a Nissan by 4 months pay...Awesome couple!!! Good luck

About Me

My photo
I don't think that there is a much higher calling than being about to stay home with your children. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work out of my home, while being able to raise my children. I also love that I have found an outlet for my creative juices! I began taking art lessons in 2nd grade, but since having my three children have not had much time to draw and paint. Photography has become my creative outlet that I needed so badly. I take great joy and pride in doing my best to capture your special moments!