Thursday, April 15, 2010

What to Wear?

With the season of weddings, engagements, senior pictures, and the like coming up quickly on us, one might wonder: "What should I wear?"

The quick answer to that question is that you should wear exactly what you feel comfortable in.  What makes you feel the most beautiful?  What describes your personality?  Are you a more modern bride?  Are you a classy timeless person?  Do you want to look hip now or still feel like your choice in clothes was a good choice twenty years down the road? (Is that actually possible?  I still avoid any type of "dress-up day" that has to do with the 80s.  I am so thankful that my senior picture did not include bangs that reached all the way from the ceiling to the floor...hehe.)

As far as colors, usually brighter colors work well.  Find a color that compliments your skin tones.  Neutral colors tend to wash out the people wearing them.  Plus, when you wear neutral colors, the photographer usually needs to compensate and make brighter colors part of the background.  Now, to clarify, there are times to wear neutral colors.  For instance, what is a beach picture without a white shirt and khaki bottoms??!!

The bottom line?  Be sure to communicate with your photographer ahead of time about what you are wearing.  This always helps your photographer plan ahead a bit on where he or she will take your shots.  The more communication with your photographer, the better.  Let them know your expectations beforehand so that you are not left wanting more or wishing you had spoken up earlier.

á bientôt!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I don't think that there is a much higher calling than being about to stay home with your children. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work out of my home, while being able to raise my children. I also love that I have found an outlet for my creative juices! I began taking art lessons in 2nd grade, but since having my three children have not had much time to draw and paint. Photography has become my creative outlet that I needed so badly. I take great joy and pride in doing my best to capture your special moments!