Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WPPI Las Vegas

Rachel and I the first day of WPPI


 



I just returned from one of the nation's largest photographers conventions - WPPI in Las Vegas.  I had so much fun!  I met my sister-in-law, Rachel, and some of her friends, Shannon and Lindsay.  We had a great time.  We got to hear some great speakers like Jessica ClaireJasmine Star, Scott and Adina Hayne, and JB and DeEtte Sallee.  It's really great when once a year, you can meet with other photographers and find ways to sharpen your skills and improve your work for the next year.

My big purchase for this year was a Shootsac - which I think is going to make my life as a wedding photographer MUCH easier.  I'm really excited about it and can't wait to use it at my next wedding this month.  

I think the biggest lesson I learned is to make sure that I keep myself humble.  There are way too many photographers out there who think too highly of themselves.  My goal in photography will be to constantly improve my work and always strive to find something different to challenge myself.  I want to provide my clients with the best possible work that I can provide them with while making them feel comfortable and appreciated.  I want to try to make your wedding day as nice as I can by not adding stress to your life.  I'm really feeling refreshed and excited about what the next year has to offer and cannot wait to work harder to make my images even better.  Bring on 2010!!

Me, Shannon, Lindsay, and Rachel

á bientôt! 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I don't think that there is a much higher calling than being about to stay home with your children. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work out of my home, while being able to raise my children. I also love that I have found an outlet for my creative juices! I began taking art lessons in 2nd grade, but since having my three children have not had much time to draw and paint. Photography has become my creative outlet that I needed so badly. I take great joy and pride in doing my best to capture your special moments!